Estrogen Dominance Awareness
The Delgado Protocol believes in educating our clients about the harmful effects of the quiet nuisance that is estrogen dominance — a rarely diagnosed and under treated condition. You might not have even heard of estrogen dominance, but it could be affecting your daily life in ways that you didn’t know were possible.
Your body’s estrogen is a very precise and specific chord that needs to be struck, requiring a delicate balance that results in your body’s optimum functionality. Estrogen dominance can affect women and men alike — estrogen does not discriminate, even though estrogen is often thought of as a “female” hormone. Living in the modern world makes us all susceptible to estrogen dominance on a daily basis.
Keep in mind there are good and bad estrogens. Estrogen is a powerful class of naturally occurring sex hormones produced by both the ovaries and the adrenal glands. These are natural and are mostly responsible for male and female reproductive health. However, Xenoestrogens (literal translation: ‘foreign estrogen’), or bad estrogens, can invade our bodies in multiple ways that we are exposed to all the time. Through airborne toxins and pollutants, car exhaust, industrial waste and byproducts, soaps, processed foods, and a number of other avenues like food storage containers and plastic water bottles, xenoestrogens permeate our lives, making us more susceptible to estrogen dominance.
So what can happen during estrogen dominance?
Estrogen dominance occurs when there is too much estrogen in relation to progesterone (a regulatory hormone for various functions of our bodies, but also a precursor to testosterone — the “male” sex hormone).
Symptoms of estrogen dominance can include:
- Decreased sex drive
- Abnormal menstrual periods
- Bloating and swelling
- Breast swelling and tenderness; Fibrocystic breasts
- Mood swings
- Cold extremities
- Hair loss
- Thyroid dysfunction
- Weight gain or increase in fat
- Lethargy, slow metabolism, fatigue
- Sleep problems / Insomnia
- Memory loss, unclear thinking
It’s important to know that estrogen dominance has been linked to autoimmune disorders, allergies, skin blemishes and acne, infertility, increased blood clotting, acceleration of the aging process, and even certain types of cancer.
Stress, excess body fat, poor nutrition, impaired immune system, and environmental agents can all be facilitating and cultivating your estrogen dominance symptoms. But there are some measures you can take on a daily basis to help battle estrogen dominance.
An increase in nutrients in your diet, particularly a high potency multivitamin and mineral combo can be beneficial. Eating more fruits, veggies, protein, and healthy fats (think avocado) can also reduce levels of xenoestrogens. Eating fiber will also help reduce dominance. Estrogen is excreted by the bowel, so if your body’s waste products remain in the bowel, estrogen can then be reabsorbed. Fiber will help you avoid this by keeping your bowel movements regular.
Living a clean and healthy lifestyle is a great way to combat estrogen dominance. When your liver doesn’t have to worry about eliminating toxins like alcohol, drugs, caffeine, or environmental agents, it can be more effective in cleansing the blood of estrogen. Do yourself and your liver a favor and make sure you’re not working it on overtime so much.
If symptoms of estrogen dominance persist even in the face of your lifestyle change, then the Delgado Protocol offers exciting and effective supplements that contain targeted ingredients that have been shown to reduce its effects. Estro Block and Estro Block Pro are two proprietary blends offered by the Delgado Protocol that can:
- Help fight hormonally stimulated blemishes and pimples that occur on the face and body. Using Estro Block or Estro Block Pro as part of a protocol to achieve a clean and clear complexion can work for blemish and pimple treatment when other methods prove inadequate.
- Help detoxify harmful xenoestrogens from the fat cells that you acquire from pesticides, fatty foods, air pollution, and certain plastics. Estro Block and Estro Block Pro can help you get rid of toxic, potentially hazardous estrogens that can cause serious health problems for you now as well as down the road.
- Be used as part of weight loss protocol that has occurred due to estrogen dominance. Estro Block and Estro Block Pro can also be used with Bio-Identical Hormone Therapies, and can also help detoxify hormones from fat cells, which will aid users in maintaining healthy body weight.
If you’d like to know more about estrogen dominance and the products offered by the Delgado Protocol which can help you combat estrogen dominance, please contact us today. The Delgado Protocol develops all-natural supplements that can help you clear away xenoestrogens while also promoting your healthy estrogen production. Order your Estro Block or Estro Block Pro today and start doing something about estrogen dominance.